Call for Groups to Take Part in the “Setagaya A Cappella Battle”!
- Accepting applications: Saturday, October 1 – Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Application requirements
– Must be an amateur group (not making a living through music) consisting of 2 to 10 members.
– At least one person in the group must live, study or work in Setagaya City.
*No restrictions on age.
*Musical instruments (piano, percussion instruments, etc.) may not be used and voices must not be processed or edited (however, a piano may be used during the final contest for the purpose of tuning).
[Preliminary contest] Free
[Final contest] 10,000 yen (includes admission tickets)
- How to apply
Attach application form (PDF file) and data of your performance (MP3) and send to the e-mail address below:
*Write “Application for the Setagaya A Cappella Battle (XXX (name of team))”
- Data of recorded performances
– Make recordings of two songs.
– Songs may be chosen freely (original or cover songs).
Please inquire if you do not receive e-mail confirmation within one week of applying.
- The results of the preliminary contest
The results of the preliminary contest will be sent to the representative’s address in early December. Groups with tickets to the final contest will receive further details.
- Contest overview
[Preliminary Contest] Document and audio screening
[Final Contest] Begins 3:00 P.M. on Sunday, February 5, 2023, at Tamagawa Seseragi Hall.
Judgment by a panel of judges
- Judges at the final contest
Keisuke Yoshida (INSPi) profile…
Yosuke Hikichi (RAG FAIR) profile…
Ryota Sugimoto (PLUS unison.) profile…
Keisuke Yoshida (INSPi)
Yosuke Hikichi (RAG FAIR)
Ryota Sugimoto (PLUS unison.)
Setagaya Arts Foundation Music Project Department
City of Setagaya
Setagaya City Board of Education
Taishidou Musical Instrument Store
Matsumoto Memorial Music Guest House
Setagaya General Service Co., Ltd., Community Radio Station FM Setagaya
Setagaya City 90th Anniversary